Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wouldn't you know it!!

I just got back from my staycation, where I didn't do much but hang out with family... I cleaned my house and of course got the bug to go to the second hand stores cause I found problem areas... LOL like this room would look so much better if I had a lamp on the other side of the room, yea that is what it needs.... But I ended up moving stuff around cause I couldn't find anything I liked... being very picky I guess... but it cured my need a fresher look to my house feeling....

I got to see my nephew who just earned a new nickname... Fuji Brother. Yep he was accepted in the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity! Oh no don't call him a frat boy he gets mad... But I guess they use the Fuji nickname because of the pig roast they put on every year that welcome graduate brothers back.  As to keep the spirit of brotherhood alive.  I teased him oh yea drinking and frats, but this fraternity is dry and There is no hazing allowed. So I and his momma can stop worrying... But I also got rid of the futon in the basement.  It will now serve as a place for a Fuji brothers friend to sleep when visiting or studying to late.... Yea I know what it really will become, a place to throw a Fuji brothers clothes.... LOL



But many people have invited me for things on the following week-end.... I thought I should have taken my vacation the next week-end!!  But so sorry I will probably have to work.  But then the schedule came out and I have Saturday off!! YEA....

BUT Wouldn't you know it!!  I come home Friday night and I feel alittle off with a stomach ache that kinda brothersome but not really bad... Till Saturday morning.... Oh yea no going camping, no going to Cleveland sorry, nothing.... I am running back and forth to the bathroom.  I feel like some punched me in the stomach.

I am drinking weak tea most of the day, eating toast... good thing I made some bread on vacation... watching reruns on line or TV..... oh well, I do have to work today..... feeling a little queasy.....

GRR wish people would remember I need 3 1/2 week notice for stuff , but most this time I wish my body would have given me a break..........

                  ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog