Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Lucky Mistake

My dad is a extreme couponer...He will find deals and use coupons and get things for a quarter. Many times he will bring the items to me or Miss Animal Rights. But many things he gets on mark down and will pass on to me. So when he found some olive oil for a great price because it was a item that they only had a few left. So he got me some olive oil for a dollar. but then when he brought to my house, I noticed that it was sunflower oil and olive oil.......

So I had to check online to find out is sunflower oil good stuff like extra virgin olive oil???? I found this site: Benefits of Sunflower oil

Wow it has the some great qualities!! PLUS I have been making my own salad dressing but when I put it the refrigerator the olive oil will become solid! So I would have to let it sit out for a little while before I use it.... And having sunflower oil I use for beauty recipes, it doesn't turn solid in the cold.... one more plus for this oil.


So I have the best of all worlds!! Benefits from the extra virgin olive oil. Benefits of sunflower oil.  Plus saving money!  Can't beat that!

ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog