Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Removing the clutter

They remind you that New Year's Ee was the time to donate things so you can get a tax write off. But I think it is the snow we are getting right now I am in a clear the clutter out of the house. You know those things that are on the top shelf of your cupboard. First of course I asked the girls if they want anything.  As you can see that one bag that was Miss Animal Rights is filled with clothes.  She loved her present of luggage; leaving her old bag that I don't need as the perfect "box" to fill with my unwanted clothes.

My kitchen seems to look bigger for many things have been removed from the counters.  Only it didn't help I got rid of the toaster oven because someone melted plastic on the top of it and now it smells of burning plastic when it is in use.  I don't think that is a healthy thing so it in the trash can.

My junk door is also a target.  I reorganized the drawer with some of the little basket type things I found.  I thought they are so small wonder if they will fit in the junk drawer! So now my little things like little do-dads that I not sure if they are important are together. Tools that are everyday use are close to the opening.  Tape and scissors are in another little container.  Oh and the 15 cell phones are in a bag for the recycle box for whatever store I get to first...



ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog