Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th

I have had a little fun with pinerest and thought I try some of the ideas I saw on one shirt... LOL  I did have a fail with the blue shirt I tried to spray paint white stars on. Doesn't work too well. The beach pen just made pink stars. Which was very upsetting.  I made a blue t-shirt with the beach pen and left it over night and it bleached it white... BUT that was a different shirt..... Oh well.  This one didn't want to bleach white!!!! 

I started with a white t-shirt.

 I printed star on sticker paper.  I just googled star stencil and found a site with the t-shirt idea!!! LOL so she had one that had 6 stars on it.  I thought too cool I could do 6 stars on front and 7 on the back.  I used fabric paint for the blue... I didn't have blue spray paint... so I thought I try the blue paint die and found fabric paint.  Yea... but then I didn't get to try the regular paint used as a dye... giggles I guess I can try that some other time...

The strips are old t-shirt material.  And the bottom of the t-shirt
I cut to have only the top blue.
ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog