Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Detox

I think I am going threw detox or something,  I have mistakenly smoked a cigarette here and there, ok so lately it been more than that........ It's been a very hard month and a half, with funerals and other real live stuff that can be depressing....  I keep saying I have done it this long not to go back to smoking.  Then I say why bother I am going to get me a pack of cigarettes after _fill in blank_ and then I forget about it........ I realize that hey I made it all day!!

But the last couple of times I quit smoking I went threw times that my taste buds changed... well I went threw this I don't like the taste of most things.... strange I know....

I went threw the only thing that tasted good was fruit last time.  Dried fruit.. specially cherries. With blueberries as a close second.... This time I find myself using the hot sauce bottle a lot... maybe I have been fighting a head cold last month... but ... maybe allergies....


Now I have been cooking more from scratch and thought dang my skills are rusty because most of my food has no taste....... that is one more thing I think is why this is happening.... I don't like the taste of over processed foods...I do however at times (usually at someone else house or dinning out...) have eat them.... Now they have a metal taste or a over powering chemical taste...  Unless it is a candy type add a couple quarters to the machine quick bite... then it is overly sweet... sickly sweet.... but I feel bloated and uncomfortable... but I not eating much because of this and my lack of taste...

I have visited a couple quit smoking site that say the bloating is due to my body's digestive  flora.... ummmm ok, but it just saying give it a while to work it self out.... but really this my  6 months anniversary  well last week was.... so it was the couple of cigarettes I smoked last week? I just getting a little irritated at the lack of enjoyment for food... kinda bums me out..........

Plus how could I gain 6 pounds if I don't eat???  Doesn't seem fair...........




ivy

1 comment:

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog