Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Super Moon! TaDA!

Tonight the moon was the closet to the earth that it has been since 1993....the moon was at a distance of 221,567 miles (356,577 kilometers ). The moon looked huge in the sky, I tried to take a picture and it just made the moon "glow"...
But as you can see.  You can see  my neighbor's house and my tree with the huge grape vine growing around around in a really cool way..... 


I had to work tonight then I did some errands.  I wonder if I could have gotten a better picture earlier in the night like right at dusk....

So there are so many different stories out there about the super moon making the tides higher than normal.... the moon effect the tides but it doesn't really do all that for the super moon...  There is talk that the March 11 Japan earthquake and tsunami was from the effects of this super moon.... that or that it starts the "Mayan calendar"  and it is the beginning of the end of the world as we know it..Supposedly  the calendar that ends on December 21, 2012.  So I guess Prince was wrong, we should party like it's 2012..... 

ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog