Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Friday, April 20, 2012

TP rolls

I might not use a lot of paper towels but I do use toilet paper. So when the Southern Institute posted it's toilet paper roll Challenge  I thought why not have some fun and do this.  I did start by cutting my rolls up into strips.

 Funny thing it was like I knew this was going to be happening cause I found like 3 rolls in the bathroom on the shelf near the TP holder... LOL.  That and my paper towels which I use very rarely ran out that day.....


   I tried a couple different ways and I didn't like it at all.  I was trying so hard to make the curls turn into hearts... and keep it all the same size... wasn't happening at all!!

So I just started to put the cut circles together and I thought wow a flower... and I ran with it..

I like the curls... I had to keep them... SO I added them to the points and after hot gluing them together I painted the whole thing black.

Cause I like wrought iron.  I have enough of it in my living room.  Make that a lot of it... there is always room for more!!

My wrought iron look a like wall hanging:


ivy

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! What a creative use for those rolls. Thanks so much for linking to our challenge! I'm pinning this to my GTP Challenge board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
    Pooja
    Mahindra Vicino
    Lashkaria Pearl
    Naman Premier
    Neminath Avenue

    ReplyDelete

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog