Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Sunday, August 23, 2009

List of things to make

Ok maybe it is a list of things that I think would be cool to make. I don't have a dumpster in my backyard but wouldn't it be cool to have a swimming pool made from dumpsters. I really would love to make a window farm. . I think it just the time I am not looking forward to...

But I really loved the truck farm A film maker has a farm in the back of his Dodge Ram truck that he drives in Brooklyn, New York.

So I think after the window garden the first project I might actual do is make my own hammock


I also found a project that I really could do. Solar Jars or Moon Jars. But I would not buy a new solar light. I have had some break and my dad is trying to fix them. Plus he was wracking his brain - that's my dad's dads'speak for you, to make something to put on the patio table. So I show him the lifehacker page and well guess I am not making a Solar Jar or a Moon jar.... my dad is talking about making it. I will post a picture of it after he makes it... One for me and one for him.

Why not dream big? I saw this nice minibuilding. built with earthbags. Looks like a hobbit studio. to go with my hobbit house.
ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog