Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Green Dust Clothes

Ok I found this great idea from Planet Green to make homemade dust clothes.

  • empty  baby wipe container 
  • 5 cheesecloth squares cut to about 20 inches by 20 inches. old thin towels is what I used
  • 1 pint of hot water                                                                                           
  • 1/4 cup lemon oil - Old English or Milsex Lemon Oil
    Instructions:
    1. Combine the water and lemon oil in a glass jar
    2. Cover and shake well.
    3. Soak the cloth in the solution and squeeze out the excess.
    4. Hang and allow to dry.
    5. Fold and place in your sealed container
    Use like you would your throw away dust cloths. 

    When the cloth gets dirty just wash it in warm, soapy water and rinse thoroughly.
    Repeat the soak, hanging, drying and folding to store to be really when you need them!

    Now I have to figure out a way to make something that will fit over the forked handed product that the girls (ok me too) like to use.  You know it has a handle and can get into smaller places.  I am thinking about that  bath mat I saw with a hook rug base and old towels are the "yarn".  hummmm I will let you know if I can make it happen. Or some of these mitts you see that look like  mitten with fringe all over the mitt part.... Make it smaller to fit the fork..... hummmm 
    ivy

    2 comments:

    1. Hi, just stopping by to check out the blog, I've been following quietly for a while. Stop by my blog when you have a chance, I have something for you! Have a great day!

      Diane

      http://turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com/2010/02/awww-its-so-pretty.html

      ReplyDelete
    2. Visiting from MBC~Love Your Blog!

      I am now following you too :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Labels

    eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

    Search This Blog