Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Saturday, February 27, 2010

You are Beautiful.

National Eating Disorder Awareness Week is February 21 to February 27.  When the Dove commercials first came out I cried at the beautiful little girls with the sad "thoughts".  Little girls who didn't know they where beautiful.  When working with children and dealing with people I knew that had this disorder I learned some very scary things.  Things that made me think, that told me I  need to change the way I thought.  End the fat talk the negative self talk.  That 58% of men and women think they would look more beautiful if they lost weight.  The youngest person on record with a eating disorder was 5. Five years old.  She saw mommy purging. So when she decided she was too fat; she began to purge.  Little girls wanting to go on diets.  Grown women that would give up years off their live to be or stay thin....  Makes me wanna cry.

Tonight I found  Operation Beautiful It's basically a grassroots campaign that leave positive messages in public places for other women to find. Using sticky notes.



Simple beautiful way for us to support each other. Because beauty is in the fact we don't all look the same. Beauty is our difference. Our humanity.

YOU Are SO Beautiful......... Show the world your beauty.

I think I have a sticky note saying there... What do you think?

ivy

3 comments:

  1. I am following you from FFF on MBC. :)

    Kristyn Martin
    http://opinionsofamoodymama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Awesome! I'm telling my girls about it as soon as they get home today, and getting out my sticky notes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your enthusiasm for developing your talents is truly inspirational.
    Habitat Greenfinch
    KVG Sarovar
    Ewest Skyway

    ReplyDelete

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog