Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

AH frightening!!

I have had this poke plant that wants to keep growing by my front window.  Now I have people telling me OMG you don't want a poke plant to grow in your yard gasp the berries are poisonous. Yes this  I know and I tell the kids not to eat the berries it will make them poop with a bad hurting belly ache and then they can't play outside.  Guess what they listen or if they don't I take them inside......... 

SO I thought I try to fix this crazy plant from keep coming back I dug around this root thinking I could easily pull the root out..... so yea that is the root, plus a couple of the roots from stocks growing near it...

I accidentally busted the huge on off while digging all around it...

I googled and found out that roundup will kill it... yea I don't do roundup.... poison in the soil to kill everything...

Then I found a site where it was a forum and someone posted why kill it? It is beautiful. It has purple stems!  It  doesn't  grow to large.
It has beautiful berries that feed many wild animals including birds, that is how you got the plant in the first place....

I have been trying to get my grape vine that has been killing my shrubs in the back yard to line the fence  in the front yard but nope it wants to keep choking my shrubs...
I guess I wouldn't worry about the poke plant.  I have heard that yea I will be see it come back next year (seeing how I still have a real huge root system!!).  You know it does shade that front window the wondow I put my air conditioner in....SO My little feather friends can have a snack on me.....

ivy

1 comment:

  1. Best information ever.I hope you will continue to share your post same in future articles too.
    Sapphire Heights
    Modispaces Amizarna
    Modi Wisteria

    ReplyDelete

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog