Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gluten Free?

I understand those who have Celiac Disease But it seems there is reports and sites that are telling us that the wheat is causing things like depression, diabetes, ADD/ADHD, and more. But it seems like the condition of the year .I am not saying if you have been diagnose with it; your condition is not real.  I am saying that it seems that it is been said that most of us have it and don't know we do type of warnings..Like good god this stuff is dangerous.  So I have been asked so many times at work if we have gluten free cake.....

 It make me wonder if people keep looking for the easy fix on weight loss.. Ok yea they do.  But moderation is the better choice... you know cake once in a while is ok.  I mean if you tell a child that they can't have something (or do something) they will be draw to it.  I was the type that didn't remove the "bad foods" I just said it was a treat.  My famous saying was "you have to eat the good food to get the treat"....

 Then I think of the real diet... that how and where did we decide that wheat flour is a basic? Let alone yeast? That most of our meal needs to be bread products.. That our bodies need this powder...Oh yea I think way to much... So  I decided to see if that maybe there could be a difference if I cut down on my wheat products.  Yea that isn't as easy as it sounds.  My inner child wants peanut butter and jelly sandwich.. every morning....

ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog