Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Mini Me??

Sorry kinda blurry but you get the idea.... 
I made a dress-form just like the video I saw on Threadbanger.  It was quite funny when my daughter who helped me put on her facebook:....  not what I thought I be doing today: Putting my Mom in a trash bag and using gorilla tape! Oh yea many family friends wanted to know if she got all Dexter on me.... LOL


I wore a tank top and placed a trash bag on for the base.  I did find a site that had the way to make one bookmarked but lost it.  Heck I thought I know the basic steps.  I remember reading that they used 3 rolls of duck tape to make 2.  I told the daughter I make her one but she decided that she really didn't want to get "taped Up".    I still have a 2 rolls and half of the gorilla tape.  That's why it is black not the gray color of duck tape.  LOL I also got my daughter a roll of the fancy duck tape with blue flowers to bribe her to help... and I really didn't need to I just had to ask.  I love that kid... LOL

I didn't have a ton of fabric to stuff it with.  I did add some newspaper... I didn't like the newspaper it was too lumpy not solid enough for a dress form.  I used some foam filler and it was like DANG! it's only 1/4 filled??? SO I then got fiberfill and stuffed it.  I was lucky that it was on sale.....  It took the whole bag...  Really?? Oh my goodness....

Sad thing is after it was done I asked really??  I LOOK like that??  LOL I know I don't have a huge chest but this made it look tiny, and where did my waist go...  Oh well I guess it is the way it was stuffed and it still has my basic measurements so I can use it .   I have used it already....     I really have too many t-shirt I didn't wear because of the neck and arms  being to tight.  Now they are cool looking....


ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog