Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Ready for the Earth day celebration

Miss Animal Rights and her cohort have started to get the stuff together for the kid craft projects at the earth day celebration this week-end.. We have toilet paper rolls that are cut into 2... . paper Towel rolls that are having one end with paper glued on. For the rain sticks. She needs to get together some more stuff. Eating Pringles for the hot dog cooker.

I have worked the last 5 days and have tomorrow to go and then ..... a day off. I am going to make a solar oven from a pizza box for a demo. Fine tune by outline on composting and eco-friendly cleaning...... I have a visual aide for the cleaning workshop, a small box of baking soda, a small lemon, a salt shaker and dish-soap. I also have a shaker top reused jar that once had Parmesan cheese that now has baking soda and some herbs in it for a carpet fresher. All inside a opened empty box of borax. 20 Mule Team® Borax sent me 25 copies of the free guild for uses of borax to hand out. I asked for more but they couldn't send me out more than that. Ok I understand they have rules that have to follow. So I will have hand outs too... I put some of my recipes and my outline on a flash disk for anyone that wants to grab the files. We have had people show up to meetings with lap tops so you never know......... It's on my key chain so it isn't like it takes up a ton of room.

Oh did I forget to tell you that the weather man predicts RAIN! Yuk.. However we are going to be in a pavilion so if it rains;  we won't get drenched. But we will have some kids bored.... we know of 6 from the people that are helping with the planing of the day....... Pre-school to school aged. I guess the crayons are going to a big hit. But maybe the rain will hold out one more day or move the right way -away from us... LOL

ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog