Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Pizza box solar oven

Miss Animal Rights is helping make plans for the Earth Day Celebration we are part of on April 24th this year. She is planning to make a few pizza box solar ovens. We found the plans at Solar Now Inc.

I was one of the few people picked on Houseparty DIGIORNO Champions House Party Event. We shipped the party items in a take out pizza box! But then I will get some from work. I was asked to donate some cash to the Children Miracle Network for the "privilege". No problem there!


SO I think I might make a solar box oven like this so I can cook my lunch for we are going to be there all day... Plus it would be a interesting thing to share with.  I have always wanted to make a solar box oven but having to find a box that has a lid that isn't to small because another box needs to fit inside the box with the lid.  But I do have the Plexiglas  for the top!! I guess I will have to go with what I find first.......


ivy

2 comments:

  1. thats way cool! following from mbc/fff. i think you will like me a lot since oak ash and thorn and green witch herbal are also on the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is neat. We are going to have to do that. Especially with little ones. I don't like having open flames in areas where they will be playing. You always have to keep guard even hours after the fire is out.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog