Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blast from the Past

I just got a green newsletter that said the funnest thing. I guess since I am older and remember this item from my youth is was something that didn't surprise me.... FINALLY!! A safe alternative to plastic ice cube trays! Stainless Steel Ice Cube Tray!! Well I remember those aluminum trays were about the only thing you could get when I was little. Now they are green. If only we knew then what we know now.. Amazon.com has one here. But they are a higher priced item at $29 Plus tax.

Humm I wonder if one could find them at resale shops......... or if my pack rat parents saved one........ It might just be somewhere in the attic, garage  or basement.  Aluminum doesn't rust right??  My dad probably  has  his screws, nuts and bolts in one.  He is the one that taught me to reuse many items.  I also share my reuse ideas with him or the one I find online.   My late mother taught me how to cook and clean with natural items.  Felt like I had to give both of them equal kudos!! 

But the first lesson one learns from this ice cube tray is NEVER open one with wet hands...... The handle likes to stick to you.  It's like the famous holiday movie where the little boy gets his tongue stuck to the pole.  I double dog dare you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog