Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

I tripped over it on my way in the front door.......


The dang phone-book! It was in the bag sit close to the door but with a few grocery bags I didn't see it.  I hate that!  I swear that happens every year.  The thing is always put away and forgotten.  Here I get about 3.  I get the city phone book.  I get the neighboring area phone book.  Then I get a business one.  I really don't need one let a lone three!  Once in a  while we use the city book but most of the year it sits in the little hiding place we find for them.

So yes I rejoiced when I saw the Ban The Phone Book site I had to check it out. Only around 15% of these books get recycled. It costs close to 17 million each year to print these books. It takes up to 5 million tress to produce. That would like cutting down trees to let rot.

Now I know some people use there phone books they don't have a computer connection or maybe a cell phone. But the petition is not to end phone books but to let us choice to get one.  Sign the petition  to create an opt-in delivery program.  It at the very top right hand corner you can't miss it.

Save a tree or maybe a million trees!
Added bonus to get the picture of my friend Tigger hugging a tree go to Super Coloring pages I know that the paper wouldn't be wasted;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for then't even use phone book anymore, I seach online for everything. I'm visiting from MBC. Come check out my blog when you get a chance:

    http://www.couponclippinmommy.com

    ReplyDelete

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog