Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Making your own Shaving Cream

I found this recipe for making shaving cream.  From Planet Green

Shaving Cream

1 teaspoon of sunflower oil
1/4 cup of unscented glycerin soap
Double boiler
A cup or mug for the cream

Here's what you'll do:
  1. In your double boiler, melt chunks of the glycerin soap.
  2. Stir in the sunflower oil.
  3. Move the mixture into a mug as soon as all of the glycerin chunks are melted.
This formula will set quickly. When you need to shave, simply work water against the soap until a lather builds and use it the same way you would regular shaving cream.

I really don't like the feeling of glycerin soap  so I  tried a  Ivory bar soap.
Plus I used the  microwave with  the soap in the mug to melt it rather than use the double boiler.
It worked ok my underarms feel soft, but I forgot that in my shower the mugs gets full off water when the girls shower.  But I am going to use a old small container that I can put a lid on it......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog