Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ok So Yell at me if you see me itching.....

Back to work from my few days of paid leave, I took some vacay days.... My last day I was sick as a dog, well I was sicker than the dog... who had to be my bodyguard. Poor thing would follow me into the bathroom and when I started to throw up would stand with his body across mine - the big dog hug.... AS to put himself between me and any harm that could be breaking down the bathroom door..LOL. The kids were gone and it was going to be my relax day... So I threw up, slept here and there, and watched Criminal Minds for hours... LOL I really didn't feel like finding the remote I know it was close, just didn't have the energy.

Miss Animal Rights brings the nicotine patch box in and  reads to me "signs of nicotine poisoning.... " "Check check and do you really want to know?......" Of course her eyes got huge and I had to stop her from dialing 911... I took the patch off.... So I have been smoke free for 5 days I can do it right??? She was like Heckies yea...

I have a rash from 2 of the patch sites.... the worst is the last one.... but I also did some yard work I think I got stung by a bee... so I am a itching mess... I told them at work to yell at me if they see me start to itch. You know I found some anti-itch medicine in our first aide kits. Sunscreen too.. Doesn't work.... Plus my body really doesn't like hydro-cortisone... it makes things worse.

So I came home and thought I try some home remedies.  The bee string is on my ankle and I put a baking soda mix on it because the black middle was looking like a stringer.  Ouch. Now it is still inching.  I got yelled at by Miss Animal Rights, I was crossing my legs and inching without really noticing...

So baking soda paste didn't do anything. Not even sting....My ex put alcohol on his... try it and it still itches . so what is next...

I could take a bath in oatmeal later.  Or a  peppermint tea bath.
Add vinegar to the bath tub too. Some people say only apple cider, other say White....  
I could place a slice of lemon on the bites... but a couple are open... ouch..
Vick vapor rub...  See reason above...
Aloe Vera  juice I think that is better for the dry skin rashes....
Rub on Flax seed oil....
Plaster on honey with cinnamon

Oh I got some honey at the Farmers Market this week-end.....

off to mix some honey and lather it on this bite... ARggg....
owww maybe eat a little too... not with a ton of cinnamon but some toast....


 ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog