Looking for Sustainability ideas

I thought I find a way to keep costs down while still trying to stay eco-friendly. Trying to keep striving for sustainability. This a record of that journey.

Sometimes blunt and straight forward then sometimes sarcastic

This frugal crunchy hipster single momma is doing what she can to save Mother Earth while not breaking the bank!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

OMG!!!

There is BOTTLED WATER in my house.......... yes it is a travesty. Just when I thought that I was getting threw to the kids.... they bring bottled water in my house. Oh to them it's  not bottled water. They tell me it's Special Water. Yes it the magic water that has super good things for you with cool sayings and silly things written on the side of the label. OMG there is even  Twilight special bottles.

Gee they didn't like it when I told them I crush up a vitamin C and drop in a glass for them. Guess that only works for the vitamin packed water not the energy water I was told..... I always can write some stuff on the side of the glass for them.  Like NO MORE bottle water ever....  I could even print a Team hottie pix off the internet....

Tech and Miss Animal Rights tell me that they drink less pop when they have the special  water..


I point out that that special water fancy plastic bottles are filling the land fills... which I was told we recycle it is ok right? Hummm no.... not all plastic get recycled plus many plastic can only be recycled once, Plus the fact that it is damaging the air when they recycle the plastic. I get this blank stare. I quip that is why they send the stuff over seas to make other countries die from the process.  I get a eye roll and a fast walk away.... I know they think I am manic about this....  Ok they know I am manic about this.

I start to make herb planters out of the empty bottles. They think this is a good thing... OMG!   

So I get a bright idea (and I am not reviewing this company!) I make some iced tea with favored green tea.  Green tea has antioxidants.  Plus it gives you some energy;  I mean it has some caffeine in it. You use less sugar then you would get with a can of pop. And no salt like that special water has in it. Oh I think that help Miss Animal Rights come over to the green side, you know what happens to us ladies when we get too much salt.  Specially at the wrong time of the month.

Mind you that just drinking tea is not going to instantly make you ultra healthy. You get out what you put into your body. If you shove a bunch of processed foods with high fructose corn syrup, sodium, bleached foods, and or preservatives you are not going to cure anything.    You can't eat fast food junk everyday and drink green tea and wonder why you don't lose weight.  I am not perfect but we try to cut our junk food down eating more fresh made foods from scratch. 

I found some green teas from Lipton  that say right on the box Super Fruit. With over 100 mg of protective antioxidants. With special super fruits like mangosteen, goji and acai.

Mangosteen is called the Queen of fruits. It is said to cure diarrhea, eczema, thrush, urinary infections and menstrual problems. PLUS  preventing heart disease, improving immune response, treating acne, and even fighting cancer.  All that from a little fruit from Asia.  It about as big as tangerine.   Gee that is Super water or maybe Queen water...

Goji is also known as wolfberry. Another Asian berry plus it also grows in southeastern Europe.  It's also known in the health food circle as a powerful  antioxidant that studies have shown (but not without controversy) to help eyesight, improve sexual function and fertility, improve circulation, strengthen the legs, boost immune function, decrease the risk of developing age-related muscular degeneration, helps prevent glaucoma  and promote longevity. Wow call that Sexy water!! 

Acai is a south American grown berry. It looks like a blueberry. But you may have heard of this berry it is the latest craze for weight loss.  It is said to also increased energy, help with digestion, sleep and mental health. There I found Tech's  energy drink!

Plus the common everyday fruits of peach, raspberry and blueberry are nothing to forget. They help fight free radicals. High in vitamins, nutrients and antioxidants: the local super fruits.  Said to help fight cancer and heart conditions.  The deep colored fruits are colorful because natural made them that way, so they could survive.  Not to shabby for some  little local fruits....

 Favored iced green teas... the new special water..........

ivy

1 comment:

Labels

eco-friendly (77) sustainability (47) reuse (43) food (33) saving money (26) recycle (12) reduse (11) frugal (10) green (10) very cool (10) basics (9) crafts (9) natural remedies (9) cleaning products (7) home repair (6) free (5) upcycle (5) waste (4) BPA free (3) diet (3) dreaming (2)

Search This Blog